MNDoT news release:
Workshop for High Bridge, Smith Avenue project in St. Paul area set for Sept. 15
The public is invited to learn and provide input about future improvements to Smith Avenue and Dodd Road—Highway 149—in St. Paul, West St. Paul and Mendota Heights at a community workshop scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 15.
The workshop will be held from 5 – 7 p.m. at Capital View Cafe, 637 Smith Avenue in St. Paul.
Workshop attendees will have the opportunity provide input about what biking, walking and driving improvements they would like to be considered as part of an upcoming project on the High Bridge, Smith Avenue and Dodd Road.
The proposed project is scheduled for spring 2018 through fall 2018. Work includes:
- Reconstructing the bridge deck of the Smith Avenue High Bridge over the Mississippi River in St. Paul.
- Resurfacing Smith Avenue and Dodd Road—Highway 149—between West 7th Street in St. Paul and I-494 in Mendota Heights.
- Improving drainage, sidewalks and pedestrian accessibility.
- Replacing signals at five Highway 149 intersections.
- Constructing an additional left turn lane from westbound I-494 to southbound Dodd Road in Mendota Heights.
The project will extend the lifespan of Highway 149 and the High Bridge, and provide a smoother road surface and improved ride for motorists.
This work is expected to result in the complete closure of the High Bridge for one construction season.
The Sept. 15 workshop is the second of three workshops scheduled for this project. The third and final workshop will be held in Mendota Heights in early October. A time, date and location for the third workshop will be announced when it is finalized.
Please visit the project website for upcoming event dates and times, in addition to project updates, at www.mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy149highbridge.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, call 651-366-4720. To request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4718; the Minnesota Relay service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529) TTY, Voice or ASCII) or 711, or email your request to email@example.com.