Workshop for Dodd Road project in Mendota Heights, West St. Paul set for Oct. 1
The public is invited to learn and provide input about future improvements to Dodd Road and Smith Avenue—Highway 149—in Mendota Heights, West St. Paul and St. Paul at a community workshop scheduled for Oct. 1.
The workshop will be held from 5 – 7 p.m. at Teresa’s Mexican Restaurant, 762 Dodd Road in Mendota Heights.
Workshop attendees will have the opportunity provide input about what biking, walking and driving improvements they would like to be considered as part of an upcoming project on the Dodd Road, Smith Avenue and the High Bridge.
The proposed project is scheduled for spring 2018 through fall 2018. Work includes:
- Resurfacing Dodd Road and Smith Avenue—Highway 149—between I-494 in Mendota Heights and West 7th Street in St. Paul.
- Constructing an additional left turn lane from westbound I-494 to southbound Dodd Road in Mendota Heights.
- Replacing signals at five Highway 149 intersections.
- Improving drainage, sidewalks and pedestrian accessibility.
- Reconstructing the bridge deck of the Smith Avenue High Bridge over the Mississippi River in St. Paul.
The project will extend the lifespan of Highway 149 and the High Bridge, and provide a smoother road surface and improved ride for motorists.
This work is expected to result in the complete closure of the High Bridge for one construction season.
The Oct. 1 workshop is the third and final workshop scheduled for this project.
For more information on the project or to sign up for email updates, visit www.mndot.gov/metro/projects/hwy149highbridge.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, call 651-366-4720. To request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4718; the Minnesota Relay service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529) TTY, Voice or ASCII) or 711, or email your request to email@example.com.