Smith Avenue comes alive once again for Art on the Avenue, this Saturday, July 23 from 2:30-8 p.m.
Now in its fourth year, the event will include neighborhood, local and regional artists, live music, a puppet show, craft demonstrations and more. A few highlights include:
• Live performances at Capital View Park (top of the High Bridge) by the On-Time Circus puppet theater (2:30 p.m.) and the Twin Cities Youth Symphony (4 p.m.)
• An interactive exhibit at Block Studios, 676 Smith Ave.
• A bike scavenger hunt at Capital Deals, 710 Smith Ave. – registration at 7:30, ride starts at 8, click the event link for details
• The kids’ Color Dash fun run at Dodd Park, 7 p.m.
• Exhibits at Electric Machete studio (Smith & Curtice)
• Live performances by Autumn Irlbeck at Cherokee Park United Church, 371 Baker (4 & 6 p.m.)
• Beer tent from the 5-8 Club at Dodd Park.
Click the map above for a complete schedule.
This event was originally conceived as a way to unite the community, and bring neighbors out into the street to celebrate Smith Avenue as a vibrant space – so get out and stroll around, bring your bikes and strollers, and see the amazing work created by your neighbors and friends.
This event is made possible by the tireless work of neighborhood volunteers, the West Side Community Organization, the City of West St. Paul, as well as support from the Nomadic Press, the South Robert Street Business Association, the West St. Paul Commercial Club, and WSP Mayor David Meisinger.
We can’t wait to see you!